- A handful of washing soda in the washing machine will keep your garments very soft without using expensive softeners.
- A mixture of milk and spirit can be helpful in removing pen marks from foam leather.
- To remove grease stains from clothes put some talcum powder over the grease as soon as possible. Keep aside for some time. Wash with soap and water as usual.
- Remove ink- stain from a cloth by applying toothpaste on both sides of the cloth. Wash the cloth, once the toothpaste dries out.
- Oil stain may be removed by rubbing the area with a piece of lime dipped in salt.
- Washing dirty curtains - soak in plenty of plain water overnight before washing.
- Ink Stain - Apply toothpaste on both sides of an ink-stain on cloth. Wash it after dry.
- To remove the stains of citrus fruit juices from the floor, cover the stain with coconut oil and rub well. The stain will vanish in 3 - 4 days.
- To remove mud stains from clothes, soak and wash them in water collected after boiling potatoes.
- To avoid stains on plastic kitchen ware - Use baking soda equal to 1 tsp. to a pint of water to remove the stains.